Changeover to communal bins on Overbury Road
Your bins have changed.
All residents on Overbury Road, Tewkesbury Road, Button Factory, Ribbon Factory, Cardigan House and Cotton Mill are now operating on a communal bin structure.
This is a major change in how waste and recycling is collected for warehouse residents living on or alongside Overbury Road.
Colour coded Eurobins are placed on allocated sites along Overbury Road and in Catwalk Place. Every warehouse has been allocated a specific set of bins to use – see allocation below. The colours correspond with the new bin keys. Bins must be placed in the designated areas which have been agreed with Haringey Council and Veolia.
This new system is being paid for by Provewell and includes a weekly collection. All rubbish bins are lockable which will reduce fly tipping and mess caused by bin diving. The recycling bins are locked by the council, meaning you need to break down your recycling waste and dispose of it via the flap.
Key points to note.
- Only use the Eurobins – any other bin put out will be considered fly tipping and liable for a fine by Haringey Council.
- Allocated cluster of bins – please only use your allocated bins so that the waste team can review whether enough bins are allocated.
- Recycling – there are separate bins for recycling. Please avoid getting the bins contaminated with non-recyclable waste. Reminder of what can be recycled.
- Pavements – the council recognise the value of planters etc., however please keep these areas tidy to allow ease of access along the pavement.
- Bulky waste – bulky items left outside are liable for fines (Haringey Council will be patrolling the area more frequently). You can book bulky waste here via the council website.
If you have any problems during the transition or afterwards, your contact for the warehouse district is:
Jon Hughes (Provewell) email@example.com
For full details about your new bin allocation and longer-term plans:
DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE
New Bin Allocation